Setting up the homepage is not a difficult process, you just need to follow the steps below.
- Set your homepage to have the featured articles enabled. In this case you can choose to not show the content section on the homepage, and get a slick page, or if you want to, just have 1 article featured, that is shown on the homepage.
- Publish the mod_bootstrapnav in the MENU position; - check the boostratpnav article (Bootstrap nav module) for setting up the menu-header
- Publish the Joomla Search in the SEARCH position;
- Create a search resultpage, for the search results to be shown on;
- Start publishing any of the modules in any of the module positions, and making sure that the menu assignment includes the homepage.
The positions named TOP-A, TOP-B, TOP-C, TOP-D, TOP-E, TOP-F BOX, BOTTOM-A, BOTTOM-B, BOTTOM-C, BOTTOM-D, BOTTOM-E, BOTTOM-F, FOOTER can hold up to 4 modules each. Not publishing in the first (eg TOP-A-1) will not show any! If you have two in top-a publish them in TOP-A-1 and TOP-A-2. Etc. The really neat thing is that the module automatically adjust the width according to the number of published modules.
For 1 its 100% wide, for 2 each one is 50% wide, for 3 each one is 33% wide and for 4 each one is 25% wide, all fully responsive. In the template you can also choose alternative layout options, to fiddle with the width of the columns.